Tuesday 20 March 2012

How To Keep Your Make Up Brushes Clean.

So I will admit..
It was only around when I started to learn about make up artistry that I actually started to clean my Make Up Brushes. I didn't really (and still don't) wear it to school, so it took them a couple months to get feral before it got to the point that I just threw them out.
I probably spent around $100 a year on make up brushes! Now that I look back on it, I regret wasting my money, when I could of had a nice expensive set and had kept it for a few years and saved my money! haha or just brought more clothes!

Their are a few important reasons why you SHOULD clean your brushes, so I will explain it in a simple way, so that anyone can understand..
Basically, they will hold bacteria in them. Dirt, dead skin cells, make up etc. In my case, being a sensitive skinned person. I found that my brushes got really course and didn't work as well after a couple weeks, and it actually made little cuts on my face which got infected from the bacteria in my brush. I only recently found out that dirty brushes were the reason why! Pree disgusting!
But it is important to clean them. I have a lot of scars on my face as Karma for it now!

Brush Cleaner ~ Wasp Hair Online Store
$12.00

There is a lot of talk from make up artists saying to use brush cleaner (Like the one pictured above), and yes it is true, but it's not all you should do. I was even taught this at my Cert. II Make Up Class =)

Twice a week, I will clean my brushes with Shampoo and Conditioner. I will then rest them on the bench in the bathroom, with the bristles hanging over the edge. It will prevent them from drying with the bristles on an angle. They SHOULD dry over night, if not a little bit longer.
Except for brushes that I use with liquids. Since most liquids like foundation, and lipsticks, they are waxy. It gets stuck in the bristles, and the longer you leave it, the harder it will be to clean, and in most cases you will have to throw them out. So I do those at the end of the day.

As for the use of brush cleaner. Use it after every use of the brushes. Simply spray on a tissue and rub the brush over it lightly, but enough to get the colour off the tips of the bristles.




No comments:

Post a Comment